- May 4, 2018
- Posted by: Study International
- Category: Blog
Hello and welcome to our blog section, as always, we are bringing up information for our readers to gain knowledge and information regarding their subjects of interest. Earlier we have discussed a lot about NAATI (National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters) and its accredited courses. Many people choose to acquire NAATI certification for claiming 5 migration points for their respective applications to the Department of Home Affairs.
If you have been interested or applying for certain visa streams which are points based, you must be wondering what CCL (Credentialed Community Language) test is, it is a testing and assessment service related to migration and other government services. For starter, those who passes the NAATI Credentialed Community Language Test can claim CCL points (sometimes referred to as the ‘5 bonus migration points’).
There are usually 2 ways to go about it, either you sit directly in the CCL test and pass it, or you can choose to study for it, in any case you will have to pass the test to claim 5 points. It is offered in 7 cities, which are Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Hobart, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney.
Here are few common questions regarding CCL Test and their answers:
How much does a CCL Test cost?
The fee as of now is AU$ 800.00 for the test.
What languages are available for the CCL Test?
Following are the languages that NAATI offers CCL testing in:
*NOTE: Languages available for testing can change. This list was accurate at the time of publication.
What are test dates and availability?
In 2018, NAATI will run CCL tests in the following weeks:
- 14th May 2018 – 18th May 2018
- 18th June 2018 – 22nd June 2018
- 13th August 2018 – 17th August 2018
- 22nd October 2018 – 26th October 2018
- 3rd December 2018 – 7th December 2018
How to apply for a CCL Test?
Application are submitted online via NAATI website, along with the required ID documents. The whole process is as follow:
- Lodging an online test application.
- You will receive a confirmation email regarding your eligibility to sit in the test.
- You will be then required to select a test date.
- After the test is scheduled, you will receive an email offering a test place.
- You will then need o pay the fee and confirm the test place.
- Once the payment is processed you will receive a test confirmation email.
How is CCL Test conducted?
This test is conducted through a recording which is played to the candidate by a testing officer. The candidate’s responses are recorded for marking. The recording will include two dialogues. Each test dialogue is based on a conversation between an English speaker and a speaker of your LOTE (Language other than English).
What is the CCL Test Marking Criteria?
NAATI issues the result for the CCL test based on the mark achieved:
- PASS: 63 or higher (out of 90)
- MARGINAL FAIL: between 55 and 62.5 (out of 90)
- CLEAR FAIL: less than 55 (out of 90)
We hope above information has been helpful for our readers in knowing basic information about CCL Test, for any further information or query regarding the CCL Test and migration points, please contact Study International and discuss details with our qualified and experienced education counsellors.